Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Black Sheep Gathering

I just returned from a wonderful 3 days in Oregon at the Black Sheep Gathering, held at the fairgrounds in Eugene. If you have never been to a big Natural Fiber Fair it's a good one. Lots of vendors and workshops. Our Natural Fiber Fair in Arcata is also a good one, more hands on and intimate. It's not so scary to ask questions. Nobody is in a big hurry and it's not as crowded. The first day of the fair I walked around and visited with my friends, some of whom are vendors and looked at what the vendors had to offer, bought too much as usual. On Saturday I taught a nuno felting class with 15 amazing students. I love teaching at a fiber fair because the students are so familiar with the fibers, they bring things from their farms to experiment with and we just have fun. Sunday I sat in the spinning circle all day and spun some bombyx silk and merino I dyed ages ago. It was the most relaxing day I have had in so long. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment